Silly Kate

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Birds / Kate's Day



I look out the window this morning and see these cute little birds...awe. So I take a picture...cute.
Then I realize they are pooping all over the deck...yuck. They must think it is a party on my railing because a few more join them...then I realize if they think it is a party they will be back. So I go chase them off... I am clapping my hands and talking to them like they are going to listen to me...Go away little birdies, they don't just fly away they start to dive bomb me, closer and closer...what the.. this is creeping me out. The movie The Birds comes to mind and I think this is going to hurt if they hit me and what if they have some disease...(I take after my mom)...Holy crap they are getting really close so I pick up the ice cream maker and start waving it around yelling like a crazy lady...sorry neighbors.

Well it turns out they just wanted to keep eating the dried out sunflower heads I left on the deck that never got planted this year. I moved the sunflowers and haven't seen the birds again...unless they are off getting all of their bird friends to come attack me when I don't expect it.

******************************************************************************************

This is what one looks like after a fun day full of adventures: a walk to Edens (well a ride in the bike trailer), a Movie: Flipper, Lunch, falling on your head, then 3 hours of the pool, a stop at the snow shack and then home. Whew. I am tired too.




Although her face looks like she has blood on her mouth it was the melonberry shaved ice. It doesn't give it justice, her mouth and lips were seriously blood red. The red circle above her eye was a running accident and a swim noodle, luckily she bounced on the noodle first or we might of gone to the ER and not the pool.

No comments: